Terms and Conditions
1. By signing this application form or using an Amcal Rewards (formerly known as Amcal Club) card each applicant or member (each called a “Member”) accepts and agrees to be bound by the Amcal Rewards Terms and Conditions applicable from time to time.
2. The Amcal Rewards card is valid at any participating Amcal pharmacy (“participating Amcal pharmacy”). Your Home Pharmacy will be designated as the Amcal pharmacy at which you joined Amcal Rewards. You may alter your Home Pharmacy at any time by completing a Change of details form in-store or changing details on-line.
3. The Amcal Rewards Card is not a credit or charge card, is not transferable and remains the property of Amcal.
4. Until the application form data is entered into database Members can only earn points by use of an Amcal Rewards card and can not redeem points.
5. The data from the application form needs to be entered into the database within 3 months of that card being used by the Member in-store. If after 3 months no data is entered into the database, the Amcal Rewards Card is cancelled and all points earnt and the Amcal Rewards membership is cancelled.
6. Members will earn points (each a “Point”) on all purchases they make at any participating Amcal pharmacy excluding prescriptions and purchases of Amcal gift cards. A Member will receive 5 Points per $1.00 spent. Points can only be added to a card at the time and place of purchase.
7. 1 Point is worth 1 cent. Members will be eligible to redeem their Points to pay for the whole or part of any product or service (excluding prescriptions) at any participating Amcal pharmacy and when that Member has an accumulated a minimum balance of 500 Points. Redemptions can only be made in 5 cent increments and must be at least $5 in value.
8. Subject to anything else contained here in all Points will have a life of 2 years and will only expire if the card has not been used in the previous 12 months. Amcal may cancel or bring forward the expiry date of any Points at any time in its absolute discretion without reason or notice.
9. Points are not transferable and can only be earned and redeemed by the person to whom the Permanent Card has been issued.
10. If a pharmacy elects to resign from the Amcal Rewards program or Amcal Banner Group, all unredeemed points earned at the resigning pharmacy are eligible for redemption at any other participating Amcal pharmacy nationwide.
11. To the extent permitted by law, Amcal or any participating Amcal pharmacy
will not be liable for any errors, omissions, delays or disruptions in the operation of the Amcal Rewards and will not be liable for any loss caused by any such errors, omissions, delays or disruptions.
12. Amcal or any participating Amcal pharmacy will not allow redemption of any Points that have been credited to a Member in error or which relate to a purchase by a Member that is subsequently cancelled or reversed or where a refund is given. Any Points that have been credited to a Member in error may be deducted from subsequent Points standing to the credit of that Member. This decision is at the discretion of Amcal or any participating Amcal pharmacy. No discussion will be entered into.
13. Members can be advised about all Points they have earned at any participating Amcal pharmacy or on-line at www.amcalrewards.com.au.
14. Members must promptly notify their Pharmacy of any change of their address or if their Amcal Rewards card is lost or stolen. Amcal or any participating pharmacist is not liable for any delay in providing or replacing the Card or for any unauthorised use of the Card.
15. Amcal may replace or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time at its absolute discretion without having to provide any reason. Amcal will use its best endeavours to notify Members of any replacement or amendment but will not be liable if it does not. 16. Amcal may suspend or terminate the Amcal Rewards or a Member’s membership in the Amcal Rewards at any time without reason or notice
and on terms and conditions as Amcal in its sole discretion determines. Amcal will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from any suspension or termination.
17. No Amcal pharmacy has any authority, express or implied, to make any representation, warranty or statement on behalf of Amcal or in relation to the Amcal Rewards and Amcal accepts no liability in respect of any representation, warranty or statement made by any Amcal pharmacy.
18. Members acknowledge that a participating Amcal pharmacy and not Amcal will supply products or services. Accordingly, Amcal does not give any guarantee, undertaking or warranty concerning the products or services supplied or the performance of any participating Amcal pharmacy. All conditions and warranties, whether express or implied and whether arising under statute or otherwise, as to the condition, suitability, quality, fitness or safety of any goods or services supplied by any participating Amcal pharmacy are expressly excluded to the full extent permitted by law. Any liability Amcal may have to a Member under statute in respect of such goods and services which cannot be excluded is limited, where permitted, to supplying, or paying the cost of supplying, the goods or services again or repairing, or paying the costs of repairing, the goods at Amcal’s option.
19. Information concerning Members, including information contained in this application form and information relating to earning Points, credits and debits will be held in a database for Amcal and will be made available to any participating Amcal pharmacy involved in administering the Amcal Rewards, a telephone service centre, producers of Cards and data processors for the Amcal Rewards. Members consent
to information from that database also being made available to and used by Amcal and any participating Amcal Pharmacy for marketing, planning, product development, research and other purposes relating to the Amcal Rewards.
20. The Amcal Rewards is void where prohibited or restricted by law. (c) 1999 Amcal.